Thanks For Your Interest in Moms4Moms!
We are a group of moms on the east side of Cincinnati who have fun and support each other. We offer playgroups, moms’-nights-out, kids’ activities, a support network, and more! We are an inclusive group including many stay-at-home moms and also many who work from home, work part-time, or are employed full-time – You name it! Our children cover a range of ages. We also welcome dads, nannies, grandparents, babysitters, and others who raise children. We hope you will check us out!
Top Ten Reasons to Choose Moms4Moms:
1. We're near you. If you live on the east side of Cincinnati in or near Anderson Township (including Mt. Lookout, Mt. Washington, Newtown, Union Township, and Pierce Township), the moms you’ll meet and most of the places you'll go will be close enough to get home without sabotaging a toddler’s nap. (If you live outside of this part of Cincinnati you are still welcome to join us. Just be aware that much of what we do is in Anderson.)
2. Our kids’ events provide enrichment for your children. Looking for ways to unplug your kids? Every month we provide a number of reasons to get out of the house and engage with other families. Our events are planned by our members, who choose outings that fit their schedule and their children’s interests, resulting in a nice array of activities, ranging from simple playdates at the park to hay rides, egg hunts, fire station tours, and the like. Check out facebook.com/CincyMoms4Moms for the highlights of our recent events.
3. Our playgroups are great for babies, toddlers, preschoolers... and moms. Looking for socialization for your little ones? Our playgroups are smaller, more intimate groups that meet weekly. The moms take turns choosing where to meet and then communicate it privately to the playgroup. Typically the group meets at the host’s home for an informal playdate, though often they meet up at a park, a museum, or other public place. Playgroups are a great way to really get to know other moms. They also provide a great sounding board for all the little (and not-so-little!) parenting decisions we face each day.
4. Our moms’ events are reason enough. Because, let’s be honest, we all need a night off once in a while! Our moms’ events will keep you connected with the group whether you are a regular at our kids’ events or not. We like to go out to dinner, attend wine tastings, watch movies, and play trivia, among other things. We have also taken day trips to places like Shaker Village in Kentucky, and Yellow Springs, Ohio. Check facebook.com/CincyMoms4Moms to see what we’ve done recently.
5. We do things you wouldn’t get to do on your own. Many of our events, like our bike/stroller parade, private parties at the Recreations Outlet, family potlucks, get-to-know-you breakfasts, and game nights are successful because we have a larger group.
6. Our “clubs” are a great way to start small. In addition to our playgroups, which are essentially clubs within our club, we also have a book club that meets monthly and a scrapbooking/craft club that plans a regular stream of much anticipated day and/or weekend retreats. These two “clubs” are open to all members and are a great way to start getting involved. Plus our leadership team holds regular meetings to keep the group rolling, which is another great opportunity to be intimately involved if you are so inclined.
7. We’re here to stay. Our group was established in 1996, and has been welcoming new members ever since. We are guided by volunteers in various leadership roles who provide continuity and ensure that we are well-organized. Our favorite events are planned well in advance so that you can put them on your calendar and be sure to be there. Our private online community keeps our calendar, roster, and forums at your fingertips, and it will notify you as new things are posted. We have a close-knit feel that will draw you in and make you want to stay!
8. We make it easy. When did being social get so complicated? In this age of doing it all, sometimes just getting together with a friend can take a ridiculous amount of scheduling and rescheduling. Moms4Moms makes it much easier. Lots of people are planning lots of outings, and all you have to do is show up. And if a family or two has a last minute change of plans, there are enough others going to keep the plan alive.
9. We are a community that takes care of others. As our name implies, we’re more than just a calendar of events. Parenting can be hard, and we strive to support each other along the way. Most of this happens naturally through the bonds of friendship, but we do provide a few services to support our moms, like our meals program that will assist you following the birth of a baby and in times of need, and our babysitting swap that can enable you to get to that doctor’s appointment or have a kid-free night out. Our private, online forums give you a network to turn to when you need help finding a plumber or need to borrow that odd item your kid needs. We also strive to set a charitable example for our children by occasionally serving meals at a local food pantry, participating in backpack drives, and pursuing other philanthropic endeavors.
10. You'll be glad you did!
We would love to hear from you!
For more information, or to make plans to meet us, or for an invitation to join, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks, and we hope to meet you soon!